Pakachoag Church’s third annual Gingerbread Party will be held on Friday, November 21 at 6pm. Visitors are invited to spend an evening creating a gingerbread house, tree, car, or anything else they can imagine. Supplies will be provided, but will be limited, so pre registration is requested. Registration will open on Nov. 1.
You can register online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-gingerbread-decorating-party-tickets-14372555701
There will also be music and refreshments. Admission is free, but visitors are asked to bring an item for our operation Christmas Child campaign. A list of gift suggestions:
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.